Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hurricane the Horse...newest edition to the Finch Family!

Well, Aaron's dream came true yesterday. We got a horse. Aaron tried to be sneaky and get it without me knowing...but I know everything. Here's how it went down yesterday....

**Aaron called me and said he wanted to go for a walk after dinner. ( 1st clue something was up..because he doesn't exercise "like a girl."
**Aaron came home from work and said he needed to go help his dad with something ...then his dad came over to pick him up and he was all chipper and happy. ( He's usually not happy to see Aaron..so that was my 2nd clue.)
**Aaron came home from "helping" his dad and was outside being all secretive on his phone. ( 3rd clue...At this point I'm thinking...I'm either getting a really good mother's day present or he's doing something that is going to cost me money.)

So after all the babysitting kids went home...Aaron wants to go for a drive...and I say...Where's the horse? He's laughing...telling me how it's free...and I say "no pet is free."
We get to the field and the funny part is Aaron and his friend trying to get a 10month old horse into a horse trailer. An hour goes by and he's still not in the trailer. Aaron decides to walk the horse to the field. He starts walking the horsey and Robert Haws pulls up and tells him to take the horse back...he'll load it up for him. They go back and Robert pretty much just picks the horse up and puts it in the trailer. Aaron is strong..but Robert is freakin' strong. So we have a horse.
Here's the really funny part...Does everyone remember how windy it was yesterday?? It was like a hurricane..hence the horse's name. Anyways...when they were "trying" to load the horse up...Aaron was smiling the whole time. Big old grin. Well he gets in the car....dirt and who knows what else all over his teeth. It was nasty....but he couldn't stop smiling.
Anyways...Hurricane is a wild little horse and Aaron will be doing whatever I want for a LONG TIME!!!

3 comments:

Marci said...

Good luck with "Hurricane". He was a crazy horse...that's why we didn't want him anymore, but maybe Aaron has the special touch. Sorry for you that you have another mouth to feed, but he was "free". Have fun!

Anonymous said...

how about a picture of the horse. oh yeah, throw in a picture or two of MY GRANDCHILDREN.

Love, mom

bigelow family said...

Jane, that made me laugh!! I guess I shouldn't be so mad about coming home from Canada to six "cute" little chicks and a new chicken coop. So are all men pretty much alike, or what?!