Friday, July 18, 2008

Pics from 2008 benefit cage fight...


Aaron and Everett Slade.

Raph winning his fight.

Team Devious guys cornering Jeff Soderquist.

Aaron and Armondo.
You might be asking yourself...is
Aaron really wearing a Pimp hat? Well, yes,...yes he is.
Does that really shock any of you?

Titan winning his fight. He took this
fight on like an hours notice. I think he
dislocated the guys shoulder that he
fought.






Well, the cage fight for Keaton Slade was a huge success! All of the Team Devious fighters won there matches! We had lots of things go wrong the day of the event. Fighters dropped out of matches, the cage was 6 hours late getting to the high school, a fighter got in an accident traveling to the event....but Aaron is a master at pulling things off and making it happen! Not to say he wasn't STRESSING OUT the whole week before!!! After everthing was said and done, we were able to donate over $10,000.00 to the Slade family, $1500 to Special Olympics, and $550 to the Wrestling team. We'd just like to thank all of our family and friends who helped make the show happen! It is very hard to put on an event like this, and we absolutely couldn't have done it without everyone that showed up to help! I'd like to give a special thanks to my personal body guard and money counter, Shelly Finch for helping me protect over $10,ooo.oo at the fight! =)

2 comments:

Matt and Liz said...

I am so glad to hear that the event went so well! I think it was a great thing that you did Aaron, and I am sure the people you helped are very appreciative too. I heard there were no tickets available it sold out so fast and that cars were lined up for miles trying to park! Next time I am in Eagar try to find some time and we will get our families together. It was nice seeing you for a minute or two on the fourth. I hope to hear from you guys soon.

The Finch's said...

What an amazing night that was. I will never forget it. I am so thnakful I was able to share that night with all of the other supporters that came to support Keaton. It was definitely worth it. And Jane, being the money-counter/body guard was a little scary but fun all at the same time. Thanks for letting me be a part of everything.